BEING LOW MAINTENANCE AT UNIVERSITY - MY EXPERIENCE


 

BEING LOW MAINTENANCE AT UNIVERSITY -  MY EXPERIENCE

IT'S NOT THAT I DON'T LIKE YOU, IT'S JUST THAT I DON'T NEED TO TALK TO YOU.

When you are low maintenance surrounded by so many people who used to the norm of everyone being high maintenance, a lot of people will think that you don't like them because you don't message them. Especially at university, everybody is making new friends and trying to create new bonds, and I understand that but to me, I do not see the point of messaging you when there is nothing important to talk about. In university we are going to see each other every couple of days anyway, so what is the point? 

Some people may say that we have communication issues and maybe there's truth to that. I can personally go months, maybe a year without talking to some of my closest friends. Of course, there will be the exchange of birthday messages but that could easily be it. Maybe it's because of how my relationship with family members has been. The fact that we haven't spoken or seen each other for ages doesn' bother me because I know that when our paths finally do cross again we will both have that same love that we did have back when we were in each other's lives more regularly. That's how it should be, why would the love I have for a friend change just because we haven't spoken in a while. The same way they haven't messaged me is the same way I haven't messaged them. If they are on your mind then go ahead and message them. In my head, my friends are all doing just fine so I'm not worried about them going through anything. Out of sight of mind. Maybe it is toxic but it is just how myself and so many other people are. Some people have told me that the friends they had before university and are no longer around them will complain that they do not message them but as said earlier, the same way I haven't messaged you is the same way you haven't messaged me. 

I personally think everyone should be low maintenance. Or at least a little more low maintenance. The main/original use of communication is to resolve issues. So why must we communicate so much when there is no chance of an issue arising. When the only way to communicate was in person, mouth to mouth. Nobody expected people to talk to them when they weren't going to see them. Now with phones and social media, it's like the bar has risen tenfold. But for what actual reason/purpose?

I just think it is extremely important that more people learn to understand low maintenance people rather than judge and criminalize us. Hopefully, this blog has helped the high maintenance readers do just that!


THANK YOU

I hope you enjoyed this read.

Please follow this blog and connect with me on all of the following platforms 

Instagram

Twitter

Snapchat

Youtube

Podcast 

- Apple

- Spotify 

- Google

- Other platforms 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Independent in University and life

An Introduction To The Growth Mindset